Ever had such an annoying message given by Windows?
It has many other flavors:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
Unlocker is the solution!
If you’ve used Windows, then you’ve seen those errors. Well, I downloaded (it’s freeware) and tried Unlocker, and it seemed to work just as advertised. It claims you can delete the index.dat files from the Temporary Internet Folder. It worked! I also was trying to delete a folder that Windows said was in use (even though it wasn’t, and it worked!
Of course, remember that Windows gives you these errors because it probably is being used by something. And terminating that program or unlocking the threads may cause problems, so you should be careful. But it is a cool utility!